If you are considering moving abroad, the first thing that will come to your mind is VISA. Getting your VISA to your dream country should not be seen as a hard nut to crack. in the article we will help you learn and understand everything you need to know about VISA, different types, the requirements and getting them sorted out for your upcoming trips.
Different Types of VISA
1. Tourist VISA: Tourism Visa is a type visa required for the purpose of short visit for vacation, for visiting family and friends, or for medical treatment. A foreign national traveling to the United States or any other country for tourism needs a visitor visa unless qualifying for entry under the Visa Waiver Program. Here are the list of things you can do with Tourist VISA:
- Vacation (holiday)
- Visit with friends or relatives
- Medical treatment
- Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
- Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
- Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)
2. Immigration VISA; This is specifically for obtaining permanent residency. An immigration visa is one that authorizes another person to permanently reside in a country. If you’ve heard someone mention the term “Green Card,” they were actually talking about the immigration type of visa. Green Cards do not, however, simply grant citizenship. Here are different way through which you can obtain immigrant visa
- Through family
- Through employment
- Through investment
- Through the diversity lottery
- Through refugee or asylum status
- Through “The Registry”
3. Student VISA: This can also be called study abroad visa. A student visa can be obtain when the purpose of visiting a country is solely for education experience. Requirement for visa differs, depending on the country involved. Simply go to your embassy and request for details and requirement for obtaining student visa.
4. Work Visa: This type of viss gives you permission to work in that particular country. It is always the most difficult and complicated to get. This is simply because every governments want economic activity in their country to be driven by their own citizens. Though it can be very easy if you have your own business. Due to how complicated work visa can be we will be writing more of it in our upcoming posts.