Australia offers beautiful scenery, an excellent educational model, a robust economy and ample employment opportunities. Yearly thousands of immigrants call this beautiful country home, owing to its immigration-friendly policies. Australia is one of the most culturally diverse nations with residents from over 100 countries.
Australia operates a point based system, and the minimum score for eligibility for a permanent residency is 60 points, although the work-based and family-based permanent residency is the most popular.
Moving to Australia is an onerous process, but armed with the right information you could be on the next flight heading to Australia.
Why You Should Get An Australian Permanent Residency Visa
Australian permanent residents can live and work in Australia without fear of periodic renewal of visas, permanent residents can also move in and out of Australia, enjoy subsidized free legal services and ultimately an Australian permanent resident can apply for citizenship after few years. Children born to permanent residents are automatically Australian citizens.
The Types Of Australian Permanent residency Visa
There are various types of migrant visas than can guarantee permanent residency in Australia. The family-based and work-based are the most popular ways to immigrate to Australia.
- Family-based permanent residency visa: Under this visa category spouse, fiancee, relative or child dependant on an Australian permanent resident or citizens are eligible for this visa stream.
- Work-based permanent residency visa: Foreigners who possess skills that are in demand in Australia are eligible for this stream, also foreigners with a full-time job offer from an Australian employer, immigrants seeking refuge or in need of humanitarian assistance qualifies for this visa stream.
Eligibility Criteria For Australian Permanent Residency Visa
Australia operates a point based migration system and to qualify for Australian permanent residency applicants must score a minimum of 60 points on the migration scale. The points are based on different selection criteria such as English proficiency, age, educational qualification, work experience, Australian work experience and the applicant’s partners qualification and skill.
Required documents For Australian Permanent Residency Visa
You will be required to provide the following documents to complete your permanent residency application.
- Valid passport
- English language proficiency test result
- Skill assessment report
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Recent passport sized photographs
- Copy of all educational certificates
- Copy of marriage certificate
- If divorced or widowed; a copy of divorce papers of the death certificate
- Proof of score according to the points system
- Character certificate
- Birth certificate for all children included in the application
- Evidence of parental custody if one of the parents of a minor child is not included in the application
- Employment references
- Completed application form
Applying For Australian Permanent Residency
Applicants who wish to migrate to Australia on a permanent basis needs to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) online at the official Australian immigration website with no fees attached. Submitted EOI validity is two years. The applicant should receive an invitation within 1-3 months, and application must commence within 60 days of receiving the invitation. Submit the relevant documents and pay the processing fee at this stage. All that is left to do is to patiently wait for your visa approval which can take between a few weeks to several months.