The indigenous people of Canada are mostly non-discriminative towards foreigners; hence, Canada is a country that is home to people from different backgrounds. So, if as a foreigner, you want to work in Canada, you can rest assured that you’ll have a healthy and peaceful working environment in Canada.
However, there are things you should know about working in Canada. The first thing you must know is the eligibility requirements of the job you wish to apply for. All jobs have eligibility requirements so you have to make sure that you’re qualified to take on the job.
Once you’ve confirmed that you’re eligible to apply for the job, you can tender your application for the job. There are two ways to do this:
- At accredited centers in your country of residence. There are up to 130 accredited Canadian visa application centres spread all over the world.
Once these are settled, you can then proceed to reach an agreement with the firm or organization offering the job.
The next step is obtaining permission to work in Canada from the Canadian government. You can get this permission in two ways:
- You can apply for full citizenship in Canada. Although this is a tiring and long process, this is the best way as it has many advantages attached to it. The advantage here is that you’d have all the privileges of the native Canadians and you can work unrestrained.
- You could simply apply for a work Visa which will afford you to travel to Canada on the basis of work. Most people opt for this.
Whether you’re applying for either a work visa or a permanent residency, some of the paperwork or documents you’ll need to tender include but not limited to the following:
- Original copies of your passport photographs (Number of copies needed might vary)
- Your medical records and history
- A letter of offer from your employer which will have your job description, your position as well as your terms of payment included
Also, bear in mind that your application will take some time for consideration by the Canadian government though this could also be dependent on your mode of application.